1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.1 update

Discussion in 'General' started by 09jnewington, Jan 12, 2012.

1. will we be updating any time soon, or shall I downdate?
  2. Stay on 1.0 for now, just tried it.
  3. how do you downdate?
  4. By switching to the copy of your minecraft.jar file that you made before updating.

You DID make a copy of your minecraft.jar file before you updated, right?
  5. ummmmmm, no. i kind of clicked update now before i thought about it
  6. Type in google: The Great Windmill Minecraft. Once on the site click versions, then scroll all the way down the list until you see 1.0.0. Then download it and put it in the bin in your .mindcraft folder. rename the current "Minecraft" to something like"Minecraft-1.1". Then rename the Minecraft you downloaded to just Minecraft. After you do all that it should work.
    How to get to your .minecraft folder(On windows 7/vista): Open the start menu, in the box type %appdata%, then find the .minecraft folder.
    :ugeek: There ya go.
  7. thanks super! All you needed to tell me was the website :lol:
  8. Oh, well then...
    /fail
  9. Well, I updated by accident, I tried to downgrade to 1.0.0 again by replacing the minecraft.jar, but that didn't work. I also figured out that.. well my minecraft can run without a minecraft.jar (weird, right?) so if anyone knows about this, I could use some help.
  10. o_o

Ghost Minecraft
  11. You can always use SpoutCraft. It is still on 1.0 as far as I am aware.
  12. I really feel sorry for you Pythros, your trying your very best to keep this amazing server up to date and any day now 1.2 is coming out! :p
  13. Everdras Bit Shifter

There's really not a ton pyth or I have to do. It's mostly:

-wake up
    -check bukkit for an update

And since bukkit takes forevs to update...
  14. True, true but wouldn't life be much easier if:
    You woke up and found bukkit updated with no bugs and an installer which didn't take the whole server down and because everyone checks the forums they will know that the server updated?

Rather than: Wake up to find bukkit still not updated/updated but with to many bugs and to install the update the whole server needs to go down and because only 11 people are active on the forums they are the only ones who know that the server updates or doesn't and thus everyone else is nagging both server staff and you my friend (even though you are server staff...), "When will ChiRho update?"

See what I mean?
  15. Everdras Bit Shifter

Not really. And I'll be honest in that I don't think we've actually had an issue with a bug in bukkit itself since... Hm. Ever, actually. We only ever have issues with specific plugins. Coughjailcough.

The forums are also fairly tame.. No-one exactly freaks out when the server is down ever. I'm on teamspeak about 16/7 and people never even hop on to PM if the server's down, which was the most common thing people used to do.

The worst part about updates is really just the wait. Wait for bukkit to update, wait for plugins to update, wait for pythros to log in and finalize the update. The actual "update" itself is basically just:

Stop server
    wget http://bukkit.org/thenewcraftbukkitjar.jar
    mv ~/craftbukkit.jar ~/craftbukkit.jar_RBnumber
    mv thenewcraftbukkit.jar ~/craftbukkit.jar
    Start server
    Optional: accidentally delete plugins folder and have to re-DL all plugins again

Not that the last thing actually ever happens, of course. ;)
  16. Fixed and :p
  17. Everdras Bit Shifter

>2012
    >not using RSA SSH keys
    >:p
  18. Meh... We get people trying to hack the server all the time! I like our firewall... it sends their IP's to the blackhole ^^
  19. Everdras Bit Shifter

SSH keys have nothing to do with our firewall, I use them to log in to our server right now.

Basically, the server has my public key, I have the private key.

Me: Hey, lemme log in
    Server: Oh, it's everdras. Here, I encoded this data with your public key, decrypt it with your private key and send it back.
    Me: Ok. *decrypts and sends back*
    Server: Ok, lemme see... yeah, this matches with what I encrypted. You're logged in.
    Me: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet