1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/back command

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ixincineration, Feb 16, 2012.

?

Should We Have The /back command?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2012.
Yes 1 vote(s) 25.0%
No 3 vote(s) 75.0%
No but mods shouldn't have it either 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I believe we should have the /back command
    Reasons:
    1. If you are building something for a friend and you need to go home to get materials you type /home then have to walk there again if we don't have the /back command.

2. If you find something cool but someone needs your help at spawn or in your town you have to /spawn or /home then walk all the way back to the cool thing. Cool thing = N,S,E,W outposts

3. If you are at your home which is not in your town and someone wants to buy a plot you have to go to your town with maybe the /home command if you have it set in your town and help them. Then when done you might end up having to walk across the whole map to get back to your house.

4. Even if we don't get the /back command I think that mods should not have it also.

5. Also if you die at the western outpost and you want to go there again you have to walk the 3800 blocks back out there.

Add your own reasons.

If you don't like this thread don't get angry contact me or remove it. I don't want trouble this is just my opinion.
  2. Also the server will become one of those were everyone builds 200 blocks from spawn and leaves the rest cause they don't want to loose their stuff.
  3. 1) This is why we have virtual chests and stargates - pack what you need.
    2) Note down coordinates?
    3) Agreed, that can be difficult, but if you have a town then you should be prepared to make the effort, they aren't something you can just own, you have to work for them.
    4) Mods are supposed to only use the command to get back when they have to do a protection, it's no advantage to them.
    5) There are stargates at the outposts. Also even if you did walk all the way, 3800 metres isn't that far. You average your walking and sprinting speeds and it only takes 13 minutes, and you have 30 minutes before your cenotaph drops your items.

Just my opinion, i really don't see the hassle. I've been doing a lot of walking myself recently and i walked all the way along a highway, and it's really not that bad. If you want a server where everything is that easy, i'd suggest a freebuild server. The whole idea of survival is that you occasionally risk losing your stuff.
  4. WRONG FORUM...

-Moved to Suggestions forum-

1. Like Gili said, you have the Virtual Chest to use at your disposal to carry nearly as many items as you want!

2. Write down the coordinates or look on the map at http://map.xp-e.net.

3. Doesn't make sense? You don't have your home in the town that you own?

4. Staff use it for official purposes only. For example, they need to TP to you because you have a problem or region created. Then they could use /back to get back to where they were before they were helping you!

5. Western outpost will have a Stargate to which you can get to from Arhi, soon.

When you die, you will respawn at your /home. If you did not /sethome, you will spawn at /spawn. You can also set your home by right clicking on a bed.
  5. Ok wierd i died and had a set home but it spawned me at spawn
  6. Just an idea what if we had it so that using the /back command cost say 50 shekels?
  7. I would say yes if we had a plugin that would use the shop to calculate the worth of your inventory before you died and charged you that :p
  8. I read that last comment wrong so I thought it said:

"We should have a plugin which adds up the value of all your items when you die and tell you that"

I then thought it was slightly cruel for Gili's taste and read over. We should have that plugin though :D