1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Competition!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shnaffle, Oct 26, 2011.

1. k, its not ur fault but im really angry, i'd collected loads of stuff to finish it today, there was gonna be a glowstone roof and stuff, but I thought the competition ended at the end of the month, so I didnt finish it for today.. coz in UK its the 29th
  2. That's funny, because it's the 29th here too!
  3. lol, but i swear this isnt the last day of the month on either side of the sea?
  4. No, it isn't. If you look up a few posts, he says that he decided to end it a little early, because he didn't think there was anyone else who would be entering. And, to be fair, those like me who put things off until the last minute might be getting what we deserve in cases like this.
  5. fair enough, i've lost my 1.8.1 .jar so i havent seen much news anyway
  6. Basically we had an oppurtunity to judge we thought everyone had finished and entered so we took the chance. The fact that me and steve were on at the same time is rare so we decided to take the oppurtunity sorry if we took it too short but you had over 29 days to finish it...
  7. Well you can back date and download a new 1.8.1 jar.
  8. i'm sure i can google backdated jars, do you know when our manditory plugins are updating?
  9. I heard it straight from the horse's mouth that they would update at the moment of total eclipse the first time the second Tuesday of the month was on the 15th.
  10. Look back a page.

A better question: Will there be another competition?
  11. There will be once we have moved over to the new map and everything has settled down.
  12. So now that we moved, any planned dates for the next compition?
  13. Not yet... We could start one in March I suppose...
  14. tell people well in advance so they can plan
  15. Well maybe... But thats the point in a deadline and time period like you do it al in March or whenever.
  16. what about doing like half hour builds and supplying the materials, so everyone has a fair start, in like arenas
  17. ^^^^^ I love that idea! That seems super cool and fair and quick and easy its much more gratifying for those of us with less patience :)
    so we can announce like "next friday 6-6:30 pm EST build competition- 20t entrance, 60% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd, 10% to third. (of total money paid from entrance fees)