1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Name Colors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by QOOOOOOOOQ, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The chance to buy a colored name with a set amount of money? something to show off wealth of the player or something, but not too overpowered, in order to prevent chat seisures of all teh colrfulness

[Note: This in in-game money, not real money] -.-
  2. maybe titles, but not colours, as they may be confused with staff positions

but also, it should be more than money you need, prehaps a respected player is noticed and becomes a 'landlord' or 'duke' or a very giving player is a 'saint'!

anyways, good idea Q!
  3. I like what your getting at Q.

And good idea 09
  4. Maybe it should be an automatic thing so if person A has 100 talents (or less) then he's X, 200 is B all the way through 300, 500, 1,000 5,000 10,000 20,000 and just for poet, 50,000
  5. Everdras Bit Shifter

I'm not a big fan of titles personally. While they can be cool and novel if done correctly, in the vast majority of cases they just serve to further divide "elite" players from "noobs."

See: WoW, Runescape, etc. I think the only titles that were really novel and unique were the once-in-a-life-time-this-is-actually-something-to-be-proud-of things like Scarab Lord, Death's Demise, Celestial Defender, etc.

Additionally, massive-insane-grind titles like "the Insane" and such are also of merit.

Titles done horribly wrong:
    Every title in Runescape.
    "Hand of A'dal"
    "Champion of the Naaru"

Achievements in Runescape are bought with Loyalty Points. They're purely a reflection of how long a player has been a member (not even of how long they've played!) and are bought with a currency (titles shouldn't ever be bought!).

The last two achievements are a personal pet peeve. They were essentially given to anyone who played at level 70 in World of Warcraft to any degree. They were rewards for attunement quests. This in and of itself wouldn't be too bad; but then they removed the ability for the titles to be earned once Wrath of the Lich King was released. So once more, all they're serving as is an indicator that the player played during the Burning Crusades, and thus only serving to exhibit a sort of age-elitism (e.g. they don't represent any sort of large accomplishment.)

I'm especially loathe to open up any sort of "elitist divide" in Minecraft, which, being a semi-rpg at this point, does very well in having almost no divide. (Noobs are only different from the oldies in that they don't have a house or anything; and even that can be quickly remedied.)

Really the only elitist divide that exists is the staff/server divide; but that's not only inevitable, but I also hope that our staff is mature to understand the nature of their position and handle their automatically granted respect humbly.
  6. I agree with Everdras....
    Humbly.
    :)
  7. I know what ever said, but I sort of liked this idea. Maybe, like 09 said, it could be something earned.
  8. When someone does something selfless for the server maybe

Also, these titles may have perks, I could quite easily make a plugin for that, knights have better swordsmanship, archers, better archery e.t.c
  9. Titles/ranks are set to recognize one as staff, as a mayor/establishment owner, or for those who have done something for the server. These ranks/titles/groups have colors that are specific to them.

Neither will be bought. Sorry.
  10. Sings "another one bites the dust"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.