1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Symbol?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by TheEnglishDuck, Oct 7, 2011.

1. I did some research and typed in ChiRho and its a religious christian symbol.
    Please tell me why?
  2. Why what?
    Why ChiRho?
    Why is it a Christian symbol?
    Why a Christian symbol?
    Or why something else?
  3. I believe he means, why name the server ChiRho.

its greek right?
  4. That would be my guess. I still think he's asking why is it a christian symbol..
  5. Just to answer them all as far as i know.
    1. Because we are a christian gaming community, and our owner, Pythros is christian.
    2. The Chi Rho is one of the earliest forms of christogram, and is used by Christians. It is formed by superimposing the first two (capital) letters chi and rho (ΧΡ) of the Greek word "ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ" =Christ in such a way to produce the monogram ☧. Although not technically a cross, the Chi Rho invokes the crucifixion of Jesus as well as symbolizing his status as the Christ. (Thanks for that wikipedia)
    3. See 1.
    4. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+%3Cinsert+question+here%3E%3F
  6. ^ That about sums it up.
  7. All of the questionsl.
  8. Actually i think only the PX is a Cristian symbol and symbolizes the first two letters of Christ.
  9. Unless i read something wrong, nobody said anything contrary to that statement, so not sure why the actually is needed, the "E" merely stands for "Entertainment".
  10. Just thought i'd point it out