1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combating Floating Trees

Discussion in 'We Need Your Opinion' started by Pythros, Mar 4, 2013.

?

How to Combat Floating Trees:

You are "tied" to the tree until the wood is chopped down 3 vote(s) 42.9%
One swing of the axe knocks it down providing your axe has enough durability left per log 3 vote(s) 42.9%
Other: Post your idea 1 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. I'm sure some of you are annoyed with floating trees just as I.

I have a few things in mind to help prevent this. One way is to keep warping the player to the tree if they leave within 5 blocks of it until they chop down all the logs. Another way is to chop down the entire tree with one or two of the blocks removed at the cost of durability per block to your axe. So lets say, your axe has 4 uses left and the tree has 7 logs in it you will be prevented from being able to take it down.

If you have another idea, please post it.
  2. I agree it looks bad but there might be other posibilitys to stop it.Just saying.
  3. I've always liked the one swing thing, but at the same time it takes away a little of that minecraft feel.
  4. Is there a way to be automatically jailed after a certain amount of time the tree is left floating?
  5. Yes, a plugin would have to be developed for it specifically.
  6. I like that option. Cause that eliminates the time the tree is left floating due to the lack of necessity for a Head Mod+ to notice the modreq. If it isn't too troublesome to develop that plugin then i vote for this :p If not then i would suggest being "tied" to the tree.
    piscies123 likes this.
  7. I like the "tied to the tree" idea, as long as the player gets a message informing that the tree was left floating and needs to be cut down. That way they aren't confused and think that their game is lagging.
  8. I think It should show a message telling them to cuttit down or its jail time!
  9. It's already in the rules and we do get repeated offenders...
    piscies123 likes this.