1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sonicsteve, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I recently checked out another server that was using a factions plugin. Using it when you join a faction you can claim faction owned territorry which will allow members or allies build on and enemy faction unable you build. also when you join a faction you are in a group and have a precursor to your name. and one of the best things I think is when you join a faction and die you will respawn at your factions designated "town" or spawn.

Also it isnt necessary to have pvp with these factions. BUT maybe it is possible to only have pvp within factions that are at war. And maybe to avoid having people dragged into wars they dont want to be a part of, There could be a voting system so wars would only happen if the majority of the two faction voted for it.

I think something like this would really boost peoples allegiance to there home town/faction.
    Im not sure but I think Everdars has something like this built into the plugin he is making.

http://verywiki.net/en/Plugin_MineCraft_:_Factions

P.S. Sorry for the long post.
  2. I think this could really work with towns, like instead of citizen they have the citizen colour and theyre faction name, it would really make people think wisely about the town they join. And make sure that people can only have one.
  3. I do like this idea. However, right now this isn't the feel for the server. I'll keep this here for when we grow big enough to have this feel for a world, probably Eremos, but no promises.
  4. Ok, I didnt realise that I pretty much just said what everyone else was saying in another thread Until it was pointed out to me by shnaffle. Sorry.
  5. Everdras Bit Shifter

MCTowns will have a town/faction based PvP module, if that's all you want. Details are in this ticket.