1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ingame Currency and Villager Shops

Discussion in 'We Need Your Opinion' started by Pythros, Nov 5, 2012.

1. I'm looking into the possibility of having this villager shop plugin (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/shopkeepers/) installed so that people have an alternate method of selling items.

One problem, you can't use virtual currency (Talents and Shekels) for this villager shop. However, since you can't get an emerald in-game and that there is only one other item that has absolutely no uses, I was thinking of turning the emerald and dragon egg as a form of ingame physical currency.

Dragon egg = 1 shekel?
    Emerald = 1 talent?

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
  2. I personally do not like the idea of the Diamond/egg currency. They can only stack up to 64, so for people with 10000+ Talents, you'd have a lot of Emeralds/ Eggs. I know you are against this, but I would like to just enable villagers, and their trading. This would be the only way in game to get emeralds, and they have little uses at all anyway. They won't crash the economy, but add one more thing to trade. The village shop idea sounds good, but unless it comes or with it's own virtual currency, or allows are own, we shouldn't use it.
  3. Upon clarification, that we are NOT getting rid of, but instead adding the Emeralds and Eggs as currency, I think it is a good idea.
  4. I'll clarify my thought process here... (after talking with Evil ingame)

I mean as a means to add to the current ways of selling, not changing away from VirtualShop.

The idea is so you can have a physical way to trade. Such as with Villager Shops, you can determine how much you want to sell. A villager has two trade slots. You can theoretically sell an item for up to 1152 Talents!

You would be able to exchange the physical currency at the bank.

Just thought of this, instead of using a dragon egg for shekels, we could use the wither star. Keep in mind, I will have the wither disabled to prevent unnecessary grief (wither destruction will be disabled anyways) and the killing of farm animal and players to grief. Thus, the beacon block will be disabled as well, or a means of purchasing it later on.
  5. I like the idea of being able to take your virtual money, like a credit card, to a bank and being able to trade for something concrete. I think this would be an excellent addition to our server. Perhaps we could build town scattered through the map designed for this, like they would have some shops and a bank; I would gladly volunteer to build them :).
  6. I love this idea where people can withdraw currency and such. Maybe we could refill the NPC villages with these villagers and so people can buy villages to 'store' their favorite trades.
  7. I posted something like this yesterday in plugin suggestions, but I may have misfiled it. I like the idea of being able to exchange money for items and vice versa, but I would prefer just turning on villagers as I said in my post. Personally, I'd like an economy where exchange rates fluctuate based on the availability of a certain item. Maybe even set up a stock market where you can tag a certain amount of money to the price an item in the shop. The more people pay for that item, the more money you get back. If someone sells a ton of that item, people pay less for it and your investment loses value. Maybe?
  8. That would be a good idea, but we would need a much larger player base and the average amount of money a player has would need to go up a lot. Most of our players only have 25-100 talents. In order for the stock market thing to work, or even fluctuating prices in the economy, we would need a lot of players and a lot of money floating around out there.
  9. What he said :D
  10. Gah, now there's going to be one more thing im excited for, without a set release date. I hate slow plugin devs.