1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Kerbal Space Program' started by sonicsteve, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure if anyone on here has played KSP but its a nice little game with a bit of a challenge and a good outlet for creativity. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Description from their website:

KSP is a game where the players create and manage their own space program.
    Build spacecraft, fly them, and try to help the Kerbals to fulfill their ultimate mission of conquering space.

The game is currently under heavy development. This means the game will be improved on a regular basis, so be sure to check back for new updates.
    Right now, KSP is in Alpha state, but we want you to try it out and have fun with it. The first versions are free to download and play, and will remain so forever.

So far I've managed to get one pod lost in space now stuck orbiting the sun, One in a successful orbit of the planet, And many crashes under my belt :lol: . Also bare with the game and the controls do get easier and youtube is your friend with this game as there is no tutorials or guides so far.
  2. Hmm... Maybe there was an update after you posted this because I did just download it and it did have a tutorial for assembly and launch. Still can't get out of orbit yet =/

Fun none the less!
  3. Downloading it now. Definitely my kind of game. Great find man! I owe you one ;)
  4. Ahh yes I had an old version apparently :oops: wow that makes things a lot easier.
  5. I was playing this about a week ago, made a huge rocket that as soon as I tried to launch collapsed and exploded. :/ Fun none the less XD
  6. Please help... So addicting... Look at clock... 11pm. Finished playing... 2am...
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
  7. I know how you what you mean auhjos I've been playing it so much too. I have managed to do a pass of the "mun" and make it back so far. here is a helpfull video for those who struggle to get into orbit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMqcYOS2XE

Attached Files:

8. I worked out how to get into orbit and back but anything else needs larger ships. Larger ships need more complex designs. If my ship goes over 86 meters high then it usually explodes during take off. Thanks for the link though. It'll help me pass the time (I updated with no back up >.<).

Edit: Wow, thanks man! I got to and orbital average of 283 km with a 6 km margin of error. My smoothest yet (If I had a lower orbit around 120 km it would still have a margin of error of about 20 km :p)! As an update of where I am, while smoothing my orbit I ran out of fuel so I' stuck in orbit with three empty fuel tanks and some SAS fuel... Hmm...

Edit edit: Mission failure :oops: No fuel and no hope. These young Kerblings will never see Kerth's surface again...

Attached Files:

9. haha thats still a better effort than my first orbit where I ended up boosting the wrong way and putting them into solar orbit :lol: btw once you get better at the game there are a lot of mods out there too. I'm playing around with the dynasat mods right now and just launched my first satellite here is the link: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum...reau-(SSPP-4-1-6-12-12)?highlight=Kosmos pack

PS. im planning on a mun landing as soon as I can get into orbit of the moon rather than slingshoting off it XD using the spacecraft in this link hopefully. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum...ute-of-Technology-Soyuz-and-Kerbabl-lander-v1

Attached Files:

10. I'm not going to go that far yet :p

Now I'm going to try a lunar... crash... To put it simply I'm going to try and get to the moon. Whether my crew survives or not isn't my prime objective :p
    After that I'll land and the mun and finally have my own Apollo 11.

Launch, Kerth orbit, lunar orbit, landing, return and a safe re-entry.
    I'll post images of successful ships and their records.
  11. I omly use the demo which is version 0.13 and I still know how to get to the moon :) it's called an onion ship xD
  12. Screenie?
  13. The Apollo 8 Moon mission.
    Task: Get to the moon.
    How: Using a 6 liquid booster system around a single rocket engine.
    Objectives:
    1. Get into Kerth orbit.
    2. Leave Kirth orbit.
    3. Get into lunar proximity.
    For complete mission success, orbit is required and/or physical contact (So a crash).

Attached Files:

14. Another close attempt.

Attached Files:

15. So uh i kinda forgot to addextra rcs fuel and now my outdated kerbins are forever in orbit around the sun because i couldnt turn to enter orbit xD
  16. I just need a guidance computer. I leave Kerth fine. I get my velocity fine. I get to the moon fine. I just always miss by a few km :mad:
  17. Auhjos try a multi-staged rocket if you haven't all ready and use a small tank of fuel and engine on the final stage then you should have more fuel to work with once in orbit.
  18. That's what I do. Most of my rockets are 5+ stages. I can get there my problem is just not missing. Look at my screen shots. I pass right by the mun :/
  19. The onion rocket has onerule when building one... build out not up basicaly u build 2-3 stages out then 2-3 more rocket stagesup and then your capsule and parashute p.s i dont know what button to take a screen shot
  20. Look what I just did :eek: but not enough fuel to get them back so I guess the next option is to send a moonbase up for them to live in lol

Edit: just landed a second this time with much more fuel. once you get the hang of it its not so hard and only 90km away from the first. Next step Munbase!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.