1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More uses for....

Discussion in 'We Need Your Opinion' started by Pythros, Jul 16, 2012.

1. While looking for the new world in the future, we will be looking at creating multiple uses for a good handful of items that really only have a few uses for them. Take a look at the list below and come up with some reasonable uses for the items.

Cactus
    Netherrack
    Soul sand
    Nether brick
    End stone
    Gold Ingots/nuggets
    Flint
    Reeds/bamboo/sugar cane
    Paper
    Clay block/items (balls)
    Brick ingot/block
    Slime balls
    Redstone dust
    Gunpowder/sulphur
    Feather
    String
    Snow blocks/balls
    All dyes
    Sugar
    Zombie flesh (?)
    Blaze rods
  2. Well i'm gonna copy and paste your list, and edit in ideas as i go, maybe i can come up with an idea for all of them :p

Cactus
    Netherrack
    Soul sand - stops fall damage. (thanks super, i love the idea)
    Nether brick
    End stone
    Gold Ingots/nuggets - Restores healing powers of foods.
    Flint - extra weapons, e.g spears could add 2 blocks to hitting distance.
    Reeds/bambo/sugar cane
    Paper
    Clay block/items (balls)
    Brick ingot/block
    Slime balls
    Redstone dust
    Gunpoweder/sulphur
    Feather
    String
    Snow blocks/balls
    All dyes - Making custom paintings.
    Sugar
    Zombie flesh (?) - poison weapons.
    Blaze rods
  3. Gold Ingots/nuggets - i like gili's idea of temporary invincibility
    Flint - i like the spear idea
    Paper - i know that there is a mod that lets you write in books. not sure if it is available for smp
    Feather - enables temporary flight :lol:
    All dyes - i like the custom paintings idea.
    Sugar - eating it gives temporary super sprint
    Zombie flesh - - i like the poison thing
    Blaze rods - shoot fire a short distance :lol:

Maybe some of the combat things could only be available on the game/pvp map?
  4. I didn't say gold armor? o_O

Paper, not books ;) Besides, 1.3 gives your writable books :)
  5. In 1.3 you can write books, and for the blaze rod one I think making tools with them that make light the enemy on fire would be better, and using the weird fire ball thingys that shoot out dispensers noone knows how to craft to be used as a throwable firecharge.
  6. gold-could make you invincible to fire but you the armor takes a lot of damage
  7. Gold ingots/nuggets as, what to make them a item for a recipe... not the armor! This isn't for effects of existing items in game, more so, what to use them to craftable items with them.

Shnaffle...

What?
  8. Ok, add goldingot to any food and it becomes what it used to be - as in it heals you rather than feeds you.
  9. Maybe Soul Sand could stop your fall without you taking damage. Also, maybe you could get water from cacti?
  10. Just after I'd reread that I must have accidently highlighted and moved a massive chunk of text into the wrong place, I don't understand it either :3

I think that is more how that should have read. XD