1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On a brighter note...

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by auhjos, Apr 29, 2012.

1. About 15 minutes ago (to post) Doubt_Wolf asked me for the full chemical name for the element titin. If I completed it he would give me 10,000 Talents. Awesome. I got this far:

Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylalaylglutaminylprolylleucylglutaminylserylserylthreonylalanylthre
    onylphenylalanrylglycylphenylalanylprolylvalylprolyllanylarginylaspartylglycylglutaminylvanylleucylpro
    lylglycylvalylglutaminylisylglycylarginylalanyllysylleucylthreonllysylalanylasparaginylserylglycylargieon
    ylasparaginylglycylserylglycylglutanylglutamylleucylleucylvalyllysylalanyasparaginylphenylalanylvalylg
    lutaminylylthreonylvalylarginylglutaminylglycylutaminylvalylarginylvalylthreonylglycylylvalyllysylphen
    ylalanyltyrosylarginycylglutaminylserylserylleucylaspartylpglutaminylglutamylglycylaspartylleucylanyl
    glutamylalanyltyrosylprolylglutamyserylvalylasparaginylalanylthreonylaspylthreonylserylthreonylalany
    lglutamylltamylglutamylglutamylvalylprolylalanyleucylvalylserylthreonylalanylglutaminyglutaminylthr
    eonylarginylisoleucylglutylhistidylphenylalanylaspartylalanylarlylglutamylmethionylvalylisoleucylaspa
    nylglutaminylleucylprolylhistidyllysyllprolylprolyllysylprolyllysylserylargierylisoleucylalanylalanyllysyla
    lanylglylglutaminylserylprolylserylprolylisollprolylvalylarginylhistidylvalylarginylylvalylarginylserylvalyl
    serylprolylalonylserylprolylisoleucylarginylserylvathionylarginyllysylthreonylglutaminylaylglycylprolylg
    lutamylvalylprolylprolytamylglycyltyrosylvalylalanylserylseryylarginylglutamylthreonylthreonylleucy...

Then Shnaffle muted me. So I then proceed to tell Doubt in a secret way (Not to be disclosed for the risk of unsafe use). I then proceeded to type out this:

...minylisoleucylarginylthreonylglutamylgcylarginyltyrosylglycylvalylglutaminyleucylserylglycylalanylal
    anylglycylalanserylalanylseryltyrosylalanylalanylglulalanyllysylglutamylvalyllysylglutaminlanylalanylva
    lylalanylthreonylvalylvallalanylarginylvalylarginylglutamylproltamylglutaminylthreonylalanylglutaminy
    eonylalanylvalylhistidylisoleucylglutaglutaminylvalylarginyllysylglutamylalathreonyllysylvalylvalylvalyl
    alanylalanlutaminylglutamylleucyllysylserylarginleucylthreonylthreonyllysylglutaminylgalylthreonylhis
    tidylglutamylglutaminylylglutamyllysylthreonylphenylalanylvalylalanylalanyllysylalanyllysylglutamylol
    eucylserylglutamylglutamylisoleucylttaminylvalylthreonylglutaminylglutamylylthreonylarginyllysylthre
    onylvalylvalnylthreonylprolyllysylvalyllysylglutamlarginylglycylarginylglutamylglycylisolutamylglutami
    nylvalylglutaminylisoleuethionylarginyllysylglutamylalanylgluthreonylisoleucylalanylvalylalanylthreout
    aminylglutamylthreonylisoleucylleucyonylmethionylalanylthreonylarginylglututaminylvalylthreonylhist
    idylglycyllyslalanylglutamylalanylvalylalanylthreonylglutaminylalanylarginylvalylarginylglycylhistidylle
    ucylglutamylglutamylserthreonylthreonylleucylglutamyltyrosylgleucylserylalanylalanyllysylvalylalanyn
    ylprolylalanylserylglutamylprolylhistllysylprolylarginylvalylisoleucylglutanylhistidylisoleucyllysylthreon
    ylthreohionylhistidylisoleucylserylserylglutaeonylaspartylleucylthreonylthreonylglu...

Before I finally asked Doubt to have mercy as my fingers were aching. So I typed out the last bit of the 189,819 letter long word and pocketed a handy 4,000 Talents:

...ylalanylleucylprolylserylaspartylisolelycyllysylvalylleucylthreonylvalylalanylglycylglutamylprolylthre
    onylprolylglysteinylglycylglycylarginyllysylisoleulutaminylglycylarginylphenylalanylhisteonylaspartylas
    partylleucylthreonylthrnylaspartylvalylglutaminyllysylglutamilthreonylleucylserylleucylglycylasparalas
    partylserylalanylthreonylvalylasparinylserylisoleucine.

Moral, never EVER make a bet with Doubt :lol:
    Here's a link so you can see the word yourself:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061113221628AAxlNn5

2. It's a compound, not an element.
  3. Haha! Yea :) Give Gili a pat on the back and give me a (hard) pat on the face for making such a stupid mistake :lol:
  4. why in the world would anyone take the time to name a compound 189,819 letters long? :lol:
  5. Can you put into a video of how to pronounce that please?
  6. @J_Man172 Maybe :p
    @Eraisuithon1342 I'm not sure but they were definitely trolling someone.
  7. It's not that they had a choice, there are specific rules for naming compounds, and that one just happens to have every group that it really could have :p
  8. I still want someone to put into a video of how to pronounce it...
  9. That how you see it but I had to type it out :p
  10. i dont want to try to pronounce i want someone to show me :p