1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plugins effecting grass growth?

Discussion in 'Mods, Texture Packs, and Maps (Challenges)' started by meeple873, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Wondering if one of the plugins is keeping the grass alive longer?

I've built the Light Sensor: (http://www.youtube.com/user/EthosLab#p/u/5/WtZXxxXzhKI)
    and found that the grass does not die at night. Could be something I did wrong, but based on how fast the trees grow, etc. I am guessing that the grass is effected by some plugin. Could you confirm or deny, just for my peace of mind.

If you would like to see it, it is in Meepleland (-400, 50) I have a manual override button that works. Also, if you want to fiddle with it, know that the water floods on the redstone, if you dig any dirt, kind-of a pain to fix.

-Meeple
  2. Everdras Bit Shifter

Various factors can affect grass growth. Lag being the first one that comes to mind, though the sort of lag that would affect it would only happen once we reached around 25 people online.
  3. Is it confirmed that it works in SMP?
  4. Everdras Bit Shifter

Also, note that if a chunk is unloaded, it will never grow grass until it is loaded.
  5. And also note that we don't always have the night/day cycle turned on and that instead of a Minecraft day being 20 minutes, I have it set as 24 minutes instead.
  6. Everdras Bit Shifter

7. Ok, thanks. My guess is that it is not dark enough. I wanted to build it above ground so people could see it work, but my lighting might be keeping the grass alive. I will do more testing.

Thanks.