1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post office?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ron_burgendy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. I was thinking of building some sort of system for my town, where each citizen gets a daily ration of food, and was thinking how to do this so they couldn't cheat and I thought of maybe each person has their own chest, in like a storeroom, and each day I could put food in. Then I thought of how if some leaves an unfinished building for a while and I take it down but don't take their materials, where would I put it? And then maybe people buy these chest to have access to the daily food. And all this led to me a post office, where people could buy P.O. boxs (chests) for convenient storage and access to some perks (such as the food, and guaranteed safety for their things.) And maybe they can only check their /mail there. So when they log on instead of saying "you have 1 new mail! type /mail read to check it!"
    it could read "You have mail! Go to a post office to check it!"
    Just an idea I had not sure how successful it would be or even if I like it... Just thought I'd share.

-Ron
  2. I like the idea of /mail only being available in town post offices. On the free food idea, maybe we could find the people consistently starving to death and send them to the homeless hostel which I'm building. Once there they receive a full set of stone tools, 8 torches, free food as long as they're in the hostel and shelter (I'm building a dorm type thing).