1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RFTDE

Discussion in 'General' started by Doubt_Wolf, Mar 27, 2012.

?

How would you like this to be done?

Its your map, host it on your server! 1 vote(s) 14.3%
I would like to host it on my server! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Why don't we just have it on ChiRho? 6 vote(s) 85.7%
  1. READ THIS BEFORE TAKING THE POLE
    Hello everyone, I am currently in progress of making a game type called RFTDE (Race For The Dragon Egg). I was inspired to make said game type by, yes, Race For The Wool. However, these game types are very different, while in RFTW you have to retrieve wool and place it upon a victory monument, this is not the case for mine. Here is what its all about: There are two teams, red and blue. These two teams must battle to the death in an arena (I am making said arena now) while finding treasure in the desert to help their cause. After they have achieved getting a diamond pick they MINED and ENCHANTED, not found or crafted from loot in chests scattered about the map (Don't worry, diamonds are very common in the caves), they must find the dragon nursery. After they have retrieved their team's egg, the must now go to the center of the map. In the center, there is a massive volcano which goes up to the height limit, 255. The person holding the dragon egg then must sacrifice themselves by jumping INTO the volcano, killing themselves and the dragon egg in the fires WINNING the game for that team. But don't think the volcano is just for that purpose, it is an ideal place to make a fort for your team, and it has some nice goodies in its lava! So it wouldn't hurt to go there after collecting a few blocks and build your way to it. Oh, almost forgot, I can host matches for the game on my server for you to play on, but I wouldn't be able to make a way for teams to communicate together besides chat. If someone who can make something like that on their own server,(Mumble, teamspeak, ect), that would be great, I could send you a copy of the map and you could get it all set. Though don't tell me yet, the map isn't finished, still gotta add a few things. Thank you all for reading, pictures are here!

Rules!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -When you find an obsidian wall with iron bars on top of it, this means you must have an enchanted Diamond pick to break through. (Not around, to the side, over, under, ect. Straight through the obsidian.) You have to find the only enchanter on the map.

-You cannot craft an enchanter. If you could, teams wouldn't be forced to find the enchanter and fight for its ownership. The unlucky team who looses that battle would have to find a way to get to it, like digging under it to use it.

-The mountain surrounded by a gorge with a border of redstone torches must not be mined or broken.

-Thats all I can think of for now, any ideas for rules? (place them in the comment section below)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

2. I love this idea! Perhaps you're allowed to use found/crafted diamond picks as well as mined ones but otherwise, 100% thumbs up from me ;)
  3. This would be a sweet edition to the game world. I would love to see this.
  4. On a side note... Shouldn't this be in suggestions? Just saying... :|
  5. Well, first of all auhjos the reason you can't use a found one is because there are diamonds in chests, basically everywhere. Second, if it was a suggestion it would all be about having it go to ChiRho, I'm just announcing the existence of it, the only suggestion on here is the poll question "Can't we just have it on ChiRho?". Also, I've made a hole that goes straight to the void with loads of diamonds at the bottom, hopefully they shouldn't be to hard to get, hope this cleared up a few things! ALSO, gonna start putting up some pics in a min!
  6. Sweet, can't wait to see this.
  7. Thanks, pics almost done taking, I think you're going to like it!
  8. Believe it or not this was an actual event in human history, well except for the DRAGON eggs. In the ancient Easter Island society there was an event where they took an egg, idk what bird, and put it on the top of a volcano. The participents visited all the villages and had to run BAREFOOT. Who ever one get a huge harvest for his village, who ever lost was killed. Sounds fun.
  9. Good to know
  10. Eraisuithon134 Likes This Very Much
  11. sounds awesome... Looking forward to it!
  12. If you're offering help, I could use someone to make an end castle, all I have now is dragon eggs scattered around in the end....
  13. I'll think of something... I'm not sure exactly but I'll give it ago ;)
  14. /sign i would love to help it would be nice to have a break from the pvp and competiveness of the tempmaps