1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Crashing

Discussion in 'General' started by Eraisuithon134, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Im not sure if it is just my computer or the server, but i've noticed that the server (as well as teamspeak) has been crashing a lot lately. Just wondering what is up. thanks
  2. Everdras Bit Shifter

"crashing"

If it says you can't connect to them, or that you've been disconnected, then that's usually a sign that it's not crashing. Disconnects or failures to connect are usually rooted closer to home.

The next time that happens, immediately try to open a web browser to any page (google.come, doesn't matter). My guess is that won't connect either.

Especially since I don't think the TS server has crashed in ages.

Attached Files:

3. Everdras Bit Shifter

Just checked the box, the TS process shows a time+ of 467:58:58.

So, it's been up for a long while uninterrupted and crash-free. More than several days.
  4. Also see if you are able to view the world map at http://mc.px-e.net:13372.

Does this happen when you are connected to the server and TS at the same time?
  5. Weird. it only happens when i connect to both at the same time. i connect to ts, then to the server, and a minute or two later, minecraft lags and both of them crash. i check the server like a half an hour later and try again and the same thing happens. internet works fine even when it crashes. is there a ts4 because im using ts 3, maybe that is the problem.
  6. Nope, that ain't the problem. And there is only TS3 ;)

Do you live in the UK?
  7. Darn. No i live in central u.s.a. i really hope it isn't ts that is causing it. any other possibilities?
  8. So this is a Mac TS 3 problem. Others have this problem.... I recommend to not get on TS for a while until I come up with a solution for this or until TS gives me one.
  9. Everdras Bit Shifter

If it "crashes" (the program ceases execution unexpectedly) then the issue is on your end. Try a clean reinstall of Minecraft, TS3, and/or java.
  10. Or not and read my post ;)

Mac TS 3 clients + Linux CSF Firewall = tempban from server ;)
  11. Haha :lol: Thanks for the help pythros, be sure to tell me when/if you find a solution to the temp ban
  12. Everdras Bit Shifter

Oh. That's really weird.
  13. It is... for whatever reason, when the TS 3 client connect to the server, it starts to port scan the server... my firewall doesn't like port scanning... ;)

Attached Files:

14. Everdras Bit Shifter

"Hm, well, I managed to connect to the server fine. Now it's time to play my favorite game: 'CHECK ALL THE PORTS!'"

~TS3, on Connecting to Servers Like a Baus, Macintosh Edition
  15. Tested the whole ts3 and minecraft at the same time thing again...... confirmed a failure..... :x
  16. Yeah... you should be set to get back into the server... Still no word on it from TeamSpeak.
  17. Thanks

Edit: still cant get on server, but oh well, i was going to watch a movie anyway :)
  18. It should be fixed for now. Let me know if it continues.