1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solve these riddles!

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by guy3, Jul 31, 2011.

1. it's water :D

Attached Files:

2. I turn polar bears white- frozen water on a polar bear
    and I will make you cry.
    I make men pee- obviously water makes you pee
    and girls comb their hair.- when hair gets wet it gets curly
    I make celebrities look stupid
    and normal people look like celebrities.- everyone looks the "same" when they are wet
    I turn pancakes brown
    and make champagne bubble.- water makes champagne bubble
    If you squeeze me, I'll pop.- water balloons
    If you look at me, you'll pop.

what?
  3. As in a bubble. If you look at a bubble, you see your refection and when the bubble pops, so do you!
  4. "I'm the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end and the end of every place."

Old, easy riddle. What is it?
  5. The letter E!
  6. The missing dollar!

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

Bit long but... oh well
  7. Each person paid 10 dollars. The actual charge is 25. Five dollars goes to the bellhop. This means 25 of it is with the clerk, and 5 with the bellhop. Then, the bellhop gives 3 of the 5 back, and pockets the rest. Which means 25 with the clerk, 3 with each of the people, and 2 with the bellhop. Tada!

I suppose you heard the one about the person who goes to the 30th floor when it rains, but when it is sunny, goes to the 15th then walks the rest of the way up?
  8. Short man. When it rains he uses his umbrella to reach the 30th floor button.
    Sunny day, cant reach
  9. Yeah, I figured you would know that one.

Okay, how about some I just go off the internet:

Why can't you take a picture of a Indian woman with hair curlers?

Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?

"It ages everything, rusts metal, evaporates water, is your enemy, and is your ally. What is it?"

"Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?"

Which common English word is most often pronounced incorrectly?

How far can you walk into a forest?

Well, that might take you awhile. Have at it!

Attached Files:

10. 1. You cant take a picture using hair curlers.
    2. Mt.Everest
    3. Time?
    4. Johnny
    5. Incorrectly
    6. Half-way

I know all except no.3 so I tried it my self.

Attached Files:

11. It occurs once in every minute
    Twice in every moment
    And yet never in one hundred thousand years.
    What is it?

It can be said:
    To be gold is to be good;
    To be stone is to be nothing;
    To be glass is to be fragile;
    To be cold is to be cruel.
    What is it?
  12. To the first: The letter M.

The second, is the heart.

Do you know what a tillie is? I'll give you an example. A tree is a tillie, but a leaf is not. Now you try your hand at a tille, and I'll let you know if it is one.
  13. A tittle is the dot over the letter i
  14. Ah, no. There is no i in tree, if you recall.

A bookshelf is a tillie, but an awning is not.
  15. Well that's what I learned in English...

I'll get back to you on that one!
  16. Ah, there must have been some confusion. This is tillie, spelled T-I-L-L-I-E. So, that is the difference between this and the dot of an I.

Anyways...
    Cabooseics is a tillie, but he isn't.
  17. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Is a Tillie a word with a double letter (vowel maybe)?
  18. I don't know. Will you give me a tillie?
  19. Football is a tillie but rugby isn't

The Moon is a tillie but Mars isn't

Just two examples I came up with