1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVTropes

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Aarondzw, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Are there any other tropers here? Tvtropes.org catalogues literary devices called tropes, which usually have a witty name. Each tropes has a list of examples of being used in media. There are also pages for works which give a description tropes used, along with Character Sheets, Quotes, Crowning Moments of Funny/Awesome/Heartwarming, Wild Mass Guessing, etc. on subpages. Basically, take literary analysis, add awesome.
  2. Everdras Bit Shifter

THAT SITE IS A VIRUS. YOU WILL NEVER BE FREE AGAIN. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
  3. I think he means once you start visiting the site you won't be able to stop.
  4. It's a timesink (like Minecraft :p). The main reason I haven't been on the server much in the past few months is that I started playing a forum RP there.
  5. Everdras Bit Shifter

This is indeed what I mean. Unwittingly visiting a 'tropes link is a good way to accidentally lose 2-3 hours of your life.
  6. Yep. First you start reading one page, then you open up a link to a trope you aren't familiar with, which has examples from other works you are interested in. Next thing you know, you've taken a 5 hour WikiWalk, possibly ArchiveBinging on some of the Recap pages of series you've missed. Then you start seeing tropes everywhere, and start engaging in ConversationalTroping. Then you visit the fora…and realize that there's a state of panic because Google pulled their ads. Again. :|