1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome To the New Forums and Website!

Discussion in 'Forum Information' started by Pythros, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We did it! By Joe we did it!

Thank you again for all of you that have donated so that we can get XenForo.

While I don't have everything the way I want yet, you can expect things to get updated and added later on.

There is no need to re-register for these forums as I imported all the previous data over. I did however, removed all users that had 0 posts. So, if you are one of them, you will need to re-register :)

Some key features/changes:

• Like a post!
    • Tag people by typing @[username] (for example, @Pythros). If you get tagged, you will get a notification via the Alert menu in the upper right of these forums.
    • http://forums.xp-e.net will redirect you to the new location of these forums, so update your bookmarks to http://xp-e.net. I may phase out this address later on. Going to http://xp-e.net will take you to the "Home" page here which will contain threads in selected forums. :)
    • You will automatically "follow" or watch a thread after you make a post in it or create the thread by default. If you don't want this as a default option, you can disable this by going to your name at the top of this page, go to Preferences, then uncheck "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply". You can also disable this on a per thread/post basis. You also have the option to receive an email on said thread - this is off by default.
    • Avatars! You can use your own or connect your Gravatar account. Again, go up to your name in the top right of this page.
    • New Forum: Kerbal Space Program
    • Offline/Online status of the poster.
    Please check:
    • Your Preferences and account to ensure your details are up-to-date!
    • Double check your Time Zone! I noticed some of these changed during the conversion process. Preferences -> Local.
    • If you found a post with a dead link, please click on Report in the lower left of the post and indicate that the link is bad/dead. I'll get it fixed ASAP.
    If you feel I missed a permission or something, which might have happened, please send me a PM here.
    Stay tuned here to this post for any other new features I may have missed that are different about these forums than the old ones.
    Going forward, as new forum updates happen, you can read about them in a separate thread in the "Forum Information" forum.
    Enjoy!
  2. Everdras Bit Shifter

For the record, if xp-e.net gets you to this page fine, but forums.xp-e.net still gives you the "forums under maintenance message," you either have to clear your offline cache (definitely works) or specifically refresh the page (worked for me in Chromium).
    Pythros likes this.
  3. Oh boy, a whole new forum to learn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.